Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Heading Out

All's well and packed...and I'm ready to roll. Carbs are behaving thanks to Madhouse. Petcocks are rectified and even better Michael at Madhouse added a union so even ina corner with that flat race tank, neither of the carbs will be starved and lastly the speedo apparently DOES work its just that the magnet is a dud. This I can take care of on the road in my free time. As far as the packing, I made some concessions and hopefully I won't regret it. The foot rests never got installed so I am shipping those home to Cali and I can tinker with them there, included in that box is an even bigger jar of moms Haitian jam :@). Saddle bags full, sleeping bag rolled and tied in place. I decided to bring my bag pack, its empty and rolled up inside the saddle bags in case they fail me or I need to leave the bike for an extended period of time. Here's what she looks like ready to roll. Notice the Haitian Flag tied to the grip :)

Last night was a nice close to what was started with Julia Shia at Madhouse Motors and the beginning of my final preparations to leave. Julia is a real special friend, a bike builder & awesome painter, talented photographer and all around great soul. You can see some of her photography work at http://jshiaphoto.com/ and if you're in Boston and need help with a vintage bike, see them at https://www.facebook.com/MadhouseMotors

 Last night tarted at the Shia compound with the Shia family and some high class Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. We were soon joined by Alex, a friend from the Single Overhead Cam-Four forum, http://forums.sohc4.net

We got to talking bikes, bloody knuckles and techs hops and creative spaces. Our lil party grew and we headed out to 5 Horses.

At http://fivehorsestavern.com/south-end which has a great craft beer selection in the South End of Boston one of my friends had their first sour beer...she was ta bit tipsified to say the least. :)


Myself, Michelle and Alex

So I am having my last real meal at home and then headed to meet Alex before I scoot. He was kind enough to put together a few supplies and lend his rain gear since I mentioned I hadn't grabbed one yet. Hopefully I will be on the road by 3pm. I'm planning to head up route 2 and get to Fitchburg and then ashburnham to take some pictures of two old houses I used to own on the way and then continue on to Albany. I will most likely be camping tonight. If I can get to Lansing by the following evening I have a place lined to crash there...we shall see.

My mom made some more of her Haitian jam...hopefully I won't eat the whole jar on the road, I am committed to sharing some but that may have to wait for the next batch... :P

Some left overs wrapped in my mess kit, a sack of apples, oranges and carrots...I'm out!

Here's a video of the take off:

No comments:

Post a Comment